19 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2014 9:24 AM by plttech_caitlin RSS

plantronic gamecom 780 :- Software Problem

tecnical.k Novice

*Sigh* to be short and brief you sound software that I got supplied with on disk and online keeps on killing my pc.Once I open my windows 7 sound mixer and got onto recorded device or sound configuration options it crashes my sound mixer If I have the surround sound application installed.Also if I shut down my laptop after my sound mixer has crash I end up in a shut down loop (Shut down writing with the blue background) which may potentially harm my laptop.I literately plea you you to update you surround sound software since I think there's a glitch in there so It doesn't crash my pc please .I think you a wonderful company and wouldn't want to send these back.My computer information is.

Laptop model:- Inspiron 15R N5110

Manufacturer:- Dell

OS NameMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS DescriptionNot Available
OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation
System NameNATHAN-PC
System ManufacturerDell Inc.
System ModelInspiron N5110
System Typex64-based PC
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/DateDell Inc. A10, 22/03/2012
SMBIOS Version2.6
Windows DirectoryC:\Windows
System DirectoryC:\Windows\system32
Boot Device\Device\HarddiskVolume2
LocaleUnited Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction LayerVersion = "6.1.7601.17514"
User NameNathan-PC\Nathan
Time ZoneGMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory7.91 GB
Available Physical Memory4.77 GB
Total Virtual Memory15.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory12.3 GB
Page File Space7.91 GB
Page FileC:\pagefile.sys

Sound driver:- IDT High Definition Audio CODEC : Driver Provider:- IDT

Driver Date:- 27/05/2011

Driver Version:- 6.10.0.6341

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

- Uninstalling Headset driver,Reinstall headset driver. (Method still made my sound driver freeze and computer go into shut down loop when shutting down making me have to manually press the power button to shut down my pc)

- Uninstalling Headset driver,Reinstall sound driver,Reinstall sound driver before plugging the head set in.Reinstalling Headset driver.(Method still made my sound driver freeze and computer go into shut down loop when shutting down making me have to manually press the power button to shut down my pc)

- Uninstalling headset in device manager with headset driver and sound driver still on my pc.(Method still made my sound driver freeze and computer go into shut down loop when shutting down making me have to manually press the power button to shut down my pc)

In the end I am still using the headphones just plugged them in and let windows install the drivers without using the official driver.

Thanks ~Tecnical~

• Re: plantronic gamecom 780 :- Software Problem
    tecnical.k Novice

Any1 there any help? :O

kuba Newbie

I just Have the EXACT same problem as you do man. i just returned my product as i've tried it on other pc's too.i uninstalled everything but my soundboard is still crashing. its really annoying i allready followed all instructions on this page and even calles custommerservice, didnt got me far tho. I think it really is a software problem.

offtap Newbie

Yup same here, I keep, installing with the exact same issue, plantronic driver crashes my audio drivers, this has been like this for months, really starting to hate this product......I just installed latest drivers to see if the issue had been fixed, rebooted and same shit, Audio has crashed, and now stuck on uninstalling these crappy drivers.....Not a happy customer....

rucifa Newbie

WTF - I just bought this headset and got it this arvo. I've got an issue that I can't even load the dolby software, or use the buttons on the headset. Tried numerous fixes and still no love. The only reason I got this headset was for the 7.1 otherwise I would have got a cheaper one... Not a very happy customer at all. If I can't resolve it in the next couple of days I'll be sending them back for a refund.

Mod1 PLTEmployees

Hello Rucifa,

What is your operating system?  Can you go to your device manager under sound video and game controllers, find the headset, right click on the headset and uninstall.  I also recommend that you go into your programs and if any of the software shows up there, uninstall that too.  Then unplug the headset, reboot the computer and then try re-installing the headset directly into your computer.  Then go to the www.plantronics.com/us/support/myheadset/control-pc-audio.jsp and try downloading a fresh copy and see if that resolves your issue.

If you are running Windows 8:

1. Once you have downloaded our installer, right-click on the installer icon and go to Properties.
      2. Under the Compatibility tab, there will be a drop-down menu under the option to “Run this program in compatibility mode with…”
      3. Choose to run the program in compatibility mode with Windows 7.

I hope this helps.

rucifa Newbie

I'm using Win7 64bit.

That didnt work, I already tried it.

What worked was uninstalling everything, reinstalling it, right clicking and adjusting compatibility to vista sp2. That then would show the process running in task manager but not in the sys tray, the headset still wouldnt respond to any button presses.

I could however manually open the program and it would work so I added it to my startup folder and it now works as expected.

Just ridiculous that you have to go to these lengths to install a current model

moctor Newbie

Dear Platronics,

I have been having this problem for quite some time now, and only recently realized it was my headset that was the cause of it. After uninstalling all of the drivers and installing the new ones the crashes, failed shutdowns and other problems were still occurring.

I figured I would just use a temporary mic/headphone setup for the last few weeks and see if the problem was sorted or perhaps new drivers were going to be released. I have only just re-attempted to use my 780 headset again and yet again my computer rejected the headset and/or drivers.

I'd like to know if there is a new fix in the works or if anybody at Platronics could shed some light on this situation that seems to be affecting several distraught customers.

plt-graham PlantronicsEmployee

What operating system are you running on your computer? If the computer is crashing when the headset is installed, it could be the installation, compatibility, or the computer. Make sure you have the headset plugged directly into the computer. It won't always work or install correctly through a hub or docking station. Try plugging the headset into a different usb port, that should cause the headset to re install.

Do you have access to another computer to try the headset with? To see if the issue follows the headset.

kagehi Newbie

I have same problem no fix just goining refund my money

this just stupid buy new headset its working new software cd or downloaden its same.

after you open dobly mixer dies.  sounds comes out while your playing a game than it just dies sound.

doenst mater many places plug same issue with this.

fix fix fix fix

Message was edited by: Community Manager Understand your frustruation and dissatisfaction; however, please restrict from using any profanity on this open forum.  Thank you!

plttech_caitlin PlantronicsEmployee

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that this issue has been submitted to our product development team. Please understand that though we do offer some basic technical support on the Sounding Board, it is primarily a peer-to-peer community and in depth troubleshooting can be done by contacting our support directly.

I am going to close this thread to further comment but if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to start a new thread or, of course, contact us directly! Thank you all for the feedback, we very much appreciate it!

-Caitlin