8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 10:47 AM by bornay RSS

GameCom 780 Mic

Blanka Newbie

Hey there all, I recieved my Gamecom a few weeks ago and the audio's been great. However I just started playing with the mic and have discovered that it constantly plays static. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit as my OS, have tested other mics which work perfectly for me, and have played around with all the sound settings available (the lack of any noise suppression feature seems to be the issue with it). So is there anything that I can do? I'd really appreciate any help.

• Re: GameCom 780 Mic
    Del528 Newbie

Hi i have this problem also, i just got my headset last week and i too run windows 7 64 bit and im getting what i can only describe as background static in the when i speak.  

Mod1 PlantronicsEmployee

Do you have WiFi on or anything wireless in the area that could be causing interference or try a different USB port on the computer?  Have you tried unplugging the headset, rebooting the computer and then plug the headset back in to see if this resolves the issue?

Blanka Newbie

I've tried turning off the wireless, changing the USB port, and the rebooting but the problem still persists. However if I disable the audio playback through the earphones and enable my monitors speakers the microphone seems to work without the buzzing noise. Thus it seems to only be an issue when the input and output is through the headset, which is a bit of an annoyance given the reason I purchased it.

Mod1 PlantronicsEmployee

Adam, there sounds like something going on with that headset and I would try replacing it.  If you would like to package the headset up and include your return address and phone number along with a copy of your receipt if you have it and send to:

Plantronics

ATTN: Service Center

345 Encinal Street

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Blanka Newbie

Thanks for all the help Mod1,

I've now tested the headset on multiple PCs/laptops and the buzzing occurs on all the set-ups so I think it probably is an issue with the headset. However given I'm from the UK I think the most cost efficient way to resolve this problem will be to get a separate mic, I'm still happy with the purchase given the audio output's great, I was just hoping there would be some kind of quick fix for my problem.

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:51:53 -0700

From: plantronics-admin@plantronics-community.hosted.jivesoftware.com

To: splintersd@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: - GameCom 780 Mic

Sounding Board

GameCom 780 Mic

created by Mod1 in Headsets for Cordless Phones - View the full discussion

Adam, there sounds like something going on with that headset and I would try replacing it.  If you would like to package the headset up and include your return address and phone number along with a copy of your receipt if you have it and send to: PlantronicsATTN: Service Center345 Encinal StreetSanta Cruz, CA 95060

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Sounding Board

Start a new discussion in Headsets for Cordless Phones by email or at Sounding Board

plt_master productexperts

Hi Blanka,

What sound card are you using?

Blanka Newbie

Sorry for the slow reply (also for this being in the wrong forum for some reason). Anyway I'm not using a sound card, my motherboard is an asus p8z68-v lx.

bornay Newbie

Hi all. I have the same problem with mic boost. Exactly the same...

I sent an email to manufacturers (audio card Asus xonar DSX) and plantronics service support.

Plantronics says that the problem is not de gamecom 780. The problem comes to audio card. I'm waiting for asus response but i think that problem is the headset...

If i put a mic to 3,5'' on my audio card i have MIC BOOST option. But not in gamecom 780.

Probably driver doesn't have this option or headset no works without micboost.

I hope a response pls...

Here: microphone boost not appear in headset driver.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2psno14.png

PS: Blanka. Do u still use headset or you get separate mic?

Sorry for possible bad english