14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 5:36 PM by kk0mg RSS

HELP!!! PLANETRONICS VOYAGER PRO+ KEEPS DISCONNECTING

DeeVious Newbie

Right before Christmas I did all the research on bluetooth headsets...The number 1 result was Planetronics Voyager Pro. Well...ordered it and everytime I used it it would cut out...So I sent that one back..figuring I bought a defective one...2nd one arrived...same problem as the first...plus it was disconnecting anytime i went inside ANYWHERE...So I sent that one back...I decided to try one more time...only this time I bought the Planetronics Voyager Pro +

Well this thing almost caused a war between me and my boyfriend..the bluetooth keeps disconnecting from the phone...it is insane...off and on over and over...now if i go into a store ANY store..I break in and out...no matter how many bars of signal i have on my phone...whoever I am speaking to can only hear every 3rd or 4th word...From what I see in these forums seems quite a few people have issues..Is there any help out there??

I forgot to add I have 2 phones that this happens on the Samsung Eternity and the applie iphone 3gs 32..same problem...

• Re: HELP!!! PLANETRONICS VOYAGER PRO+ KEEPS DISCONNECTING
    Mod1 PlantronicsEmployee

Here is what you can try and do:

Delete the headset from the phone.  REBOOT the phone by pressing and holding both the sleep/wake button (upper right corner) AND the home button until the white Apple logo appears.  Note that the standard "slide to power off" message appears, but ignore it.  The screen eventually turns black and then the white logo appears.  At this point, let go of the buttons.  Once the phone has rebooted, pair the headset back to the phone.

jimg Newbie

Here is what you can try and do:

Delete the headset from the phone.  REBOOT the phone by pressing and holding both the sleep/wake button (upper right corner) AND the home button until the white Apple logo appears.  Note that the standard "slide to power off" message appears, but ignore it.  The screen eventually turns black and then the white logo appears.  At this point, let go of the buttons.  Once the phone has rebooted, pair the headset back to the phone.

I have tried this twice now. It works for a short while (one day) then starts up all over again. Come on, Plantronics. What the hell is wrong here?

jim

petekf4qoe Newbie

I have the same problem. I have the Voyager pro and using a HTC Thuderbolt. I had been using with with a Droid X and had the same issue but it seems to have gotten worse in the past few weeks. It has been going on for a while now and I am getting tired of it. This is my 6 Plantronics and the only one I have had any problems out of. From what I have read on here I think it is a product issue and nothing else. Mine just ramdomly drops connection to the phone right in the middle of a conversation. It show to still be connected and it will even hang up the call if I press the button on the earpiece. It is driving me mad. I have tried all of the so called fixes to no avail. Sometimes it will go a day or 2 and then do it and sometimes it will do it 4 or 5 times in a row. I tried talking to tech support and all they did was tell me to do the same things I had already done. I guess it is time to trash it and go to a MOTOROLA product. Too bad because I really liked the Plantronics products up until now.

Been there, done that.  Actually, it’s an HD, not a PRO+.  Sent it in....Still waiting to hear back.

aciaroch Newbie

Same problem here with my Voyager Pro HD.  It was fine for about a week, now it disconnects after less than five minutes.  I have not had it hang up in the middle of a call, but it seems I've been lucky.

This is the best bluetooth I've ever owned.  I hope this issue can be corrected.

aciaroch Newbie

It's now repeatedly disconnecting after 60 seconds.  The iphone still shows the bluetooth is connected (in Settings), but it does not show up when I dial.  If I reconnect from the iPhone, it works for another 60 seconds, then disconnects.

WiFi on the phone is off.  Going to try a reboot.

aciaroch Newbie

OK, so I restarted the Voyager (not the phone), and it seems to be staying connected now.

Two other possibilities.

- The bluetooth reported that it's battery was running low after I restarted it.  Perhaps that causes drops?

- I wear glasses when on the computer;  I wonder if they are pushing the bluetooth away from my head, and it thinks I'm not wearing it anymore, and therefore disconnects...

lowbar77 Newbie

I have similar problems with my Voyager Pro. It will disconnect when I dial the phone right after the first ring, it will disconnnect after answering a phone call when using the button on the headset, and it will disconnect during calls for no apparent reason.

I wear mine most of the time and I can hear that it frequently disconnects from the phone throughout the day, but will reconnect within a 15-30 seconds.

The most recent version of this happened the other day when I got a call, answered with my headset button, the phone answered the call, went back to the phone, which was locked, and then disconnected the headset, leaving my caller on a locked phone. I had to then unlock the phone, go to the call and then tap the bluetooth button to get it to connect again.

I have a brand new LG Optimus G Pro, but have had this problem on 2 of these headsets on multiple phones. The last two phones that I had issues on before my current one were: Samsung GS3 and before that iPhone 4.

The Voyager Pro is an awesome headset and very comfortable. I worry about the radiation that I might be exposing myself to by wearing it, but what other option do I have? Holding my phone is just not an option when driving, working, doing other odd jobs while on the phone.

I hope you can help me sort this out. Thanks.

Apparently, this is a common issue with these headsets.  My Pro HD has disconnected from my LG325C 6 times so far this morning, in the last 2 hours.  Additionally, the headset no longer realizes it has the capability to connect to two devices, since all I hear is, "Phone connected.", or , "Phone disconnected.".  I contacted LG and and PLANTRONICS and LG responded almost immediately.  Still waiting for PLANTRONICS' response.

I'm considering scrapping both the phone and the earpiece and getting something else.  I drive a truck and due to recent legislation, we are required to have hands-free capability or be subject to a $2,750.00 fine.  Not only is this infuriating, it can get expensive.

Mod1 PlantronicsEmployee

Hello Bob,

Maybe what you can try is deleting the headset out of the phone, do a hard reboot of the phone and try pairing it back up to the phone to see if that resolves the issue. If that doesn't resolve your issue, the multipoint feature in the headset could possibly be defective and you can get your headset replaced if you would like. To get your headset replaced, please send to:

Plantronics Service Center

ATTN: Service Orders

1470 Exposition Way, Suite 130

San Diego, CA 92145

Once we receive your headset, you will have your replacement back to you within 2-4 business days.

There is another headset we recommend for truck drivers which would be the Plantronics Blacktop 500.  I have the link below for you:

Plantronics | Blacktop 500

Hi,

Been there, done that, sent it in.

Thanks for the reply, and have a great weekend!

Best Regards,

Bob Lewis

The great masses of the people... will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one. ~ Adolf Hitler

>

Hi,

First, I dislike the wire intensely. Second, the over-the-head band is a non-starter.  Third, the price is what I already paid for the Voyager Pro HD.

Looks like it's Three Strikes for the Blacktop 500.

Best Regards,

Bob

The great masses of the people... will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one. ~ Adolf Hitler

>